[bookport] Re: connecting the bookport to the pc

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:44:43 -0400

Technically, I see no problems, but honestly, there's no way I can
foresee any problems, without having a product to test, huh?  Hang onto
your stuff, till the new one hits the streets.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> favorite.blend@xxxxxxxxxxx 04/09/07 05:40PM >>>
Another question for Pamela: If the BookPort 1 (for lack of a better
term)
worked on a computer, would bookPort 2 work on it probably without
problems?
I have a Dell laptop here and am using the bookPort on it without
problem,
and since I plan to get the new BookPort 2 when it comes out, I want to
make
sure that I won't have a problem with the new one.  The one I have now
is
going to be spoken for once I get the new one, so if that one doesn't
work,
I'm sunk.  What I am planning to do is give my BookPort to a friend of
mine
who I know will appreciate it and who doesn't have the money to buy
one, so
since she knows she's getting it, want to make sure before I do get the
new
one that it probably won't have a problem if this one doesn't.  oh
also, on
another subject, will a USB cable be provided with the new bookPort, as
know one was provided when I got the one I have now.  The reason I ask
is
because I plan to send her this cable if a new one will come with the
new
BP.  Thanks.  Sorry if this was covered before.

Nicki