[bookport] Re: cf 1 4 gig card in bookport doesn't work

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:59:24 -0800

Hi David,

It is better to format your cf card in the BookPort.
A while ago, There was a problem with the Bookport handling large books.
The solution was to modify how the card is formatted in the Bookport.
I don't know what the default cluster size is when you format on your pc.
But, for the Bookport, you should be using a 32k cluster size.
So, if you want to do it on your pc, you can do the following:
Go to a command line/MS-DOS command window and  type
format x: /u /fs:fat32 /a:32k
Of course, you will have to use your card reader's actual drive letter for
x.

Reed