[bookport] Re: card reader

  • From: "Steve" <srobertson4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:07:34 -0500

Hello listers.

I bought a $20.00 card reader from Radio Shack yesterday.  Can someone tell
me what steps I need to follow to install it?  ie Do I need to install the
included software first and then plug in the reader or does Windows xp home
edition have everything needed?  Also, is there anything I need to do to be
sure that the reader uses fat16?

Also, even though I have a card reader and this isn't important anymore, I
was wondering if a blank card could be put in the book port.  Secondly,
after running the book port software could I close it and then use my
computer or windows explorer to use the book port as a drive for using  a
card to back up my bank info, etc?

Thanks!

Steve

p. s.  I wouldn't put any books on this card or read anything from the card
with the book port just use it as a drive.