[bookport] bookport not recognized

  • From: "Kurt E. Yount" <blsmass@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:22:06 -0700

I had this same problem last night.  I have had one BP stop working,so
when I got this message I was worried.  In my case, the unit had to be
rebooted and the batteries changed, I had just been transferring some
files.  Also, the first thing it said that I didn't take note of was that
bookport could not create the new folder I wanted it to.  That should
have been my first clue, but I wasn't thinking.  I changed the batteries,
after rebooting the unit and it was fine.  I hope it will be true in your
case, but I doubt it, since you have probably done all those things.  The
main way you can tell if the unit is shot is that it will not be
recognized as a separate device when you plug it in.  If you hit programs
and bookport and it doesn't react or says it is not connected, you are in
over your head and on the way to sending it back.  I hope you got it
working, I know I hate to send stuff like that back.  Kurt