[bookport] Re: bible on BP

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:04:50 -0500

Since the pastor trainee is in Austrailia, Bookshare is out of the question. Sounds like the Bible Courier is a viable solution. With the Bookport, you can find chapter and verse, but it won't happen with just a few button pushes. When you become expert using it, it won't take long at all, but it may take longer than you care for. Personally, I have two different versions of the Bible on my BP. I find pretty much what I am looking for. If I am at my computer, I go to

www.biblegateway.com
and do a search there.  There are quite a few versions to choose from.

At 02:25 PM 5/31/2007, Alex Parks wrote:
BookShare is U.S. only, because of copyright exceptions only allowed for in U.S. law. I, too, downloaded a few Bibles from BookShare, but then divided them up into books. I just opened them, highlighted the book, and saved it to its own directory. For example: /bible/niv/old/01 Genesis.doc. It takes a while, but what else are boring classes for? Besides it is now nothing to find what I want: open the correct folder, select the book, do a search for "chapter [desired number]", then search for the verse number.

Have a great day,
Alex