From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:18:54 -0600
Subject: [bookport] Re: bible on BP

Can't speak for others, but I downloaded a couple different
versions from Bookshare and found that locating book, chapter and verse was a real pain. For one thing, you have to know how to spell all those proffits and places that make up book titles; then there's finding the chapter and verse you want...
Some audio Bibles have locater beeps between books and chapters,
and there is an electronic Bible available from speak to me. I haven't tried it. I eventually got one from web braille. Since it's based on a Braille Bible, it's broken into volumes with a table of contents at the beginning of each volume. It would take time, but you could get a pretty good sense of where to go for what, but it would still be SLOW!
I'm sure others have better information. Also, I don't know if
bookshare.org or web braille are available in Australia. Web Braille is part of the National Library system. You may have an equivelent there.