[bookport] Re: Web pages drop text

  • From: "Larry" <larry480@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:06:15 -0400

Hi there
Here are 2 examples (my notes are in ALL CAPS)
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/04/magazine/04WWLN.html?pagewanted=print&position=

IT DROPS THIS ENTIRE FIRST PARAGRAPH:

n the 52nd chapter of his ''Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,'' Edward
Gibbon posed one of the great counterfactual questions of history. If the
French had failed to defeat an invading Muslim army at the Battle of
Poitiers in A.D. 732, would all of Western Europe have succumbed to Islam?

AND

http://www.facim.org/excerpts/rfd9704.htm

[IT PICKS UP THIS PART] (Paragraph 2 - Sentences 1, 2) [IT SKIPS THE
FOLLOWING] The outlook [which is the outlook of the set that Jesus has been
talking about that we should adopt when we awaken every morning] starts with
this: [IT STARTS AGAIN HERE] Today I will make no decisions by myself.