[bookport] Re: Unintended Beta Testing Firmware

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:21:51 -0400

Jeff:

A patch doesn't know who wishes to beta test, but the user does. When
the user chooses to uninstall, they are removing themselves from the
beta test process.

The fact that people became unintended beta testers was caused by a
different problem with similar results.

>>> Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/18/05 06:29PM >>>
Hi Rob,

Thank you for answering my questions.  However, I'm still a bit
confused, so please indulge me with a few more answers.  In your
response, you wrote:

>An update patch cannot
>fix the problem, because we can't tell the difference between those
>who
>want to be beta testers and those who do not.

If you cannot tell the difference between those who want to beta test
and those who do not, then how will this fix the problem?

>You will not have to uninstall in the future; this should not be a
>recurring problem.

That's what you told us the last time this happened.  So, why are we
having to go through this again?

Jeff