[bookport] Unable to send sample Daisy book to book port

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:50:17 -0600

Hello.  I downloaded and installed the sample test document of the Daisy
digital talking book and attempted to send to the book port.  I discovered
that there was an audio book range dialog and was surprised because I have a
128 megabyte flash card installed.  I therefore disconnected the book port
and reformatted the flash card and now the difficulties have begun.  I
reconnected the book port several times and the transfer software would not
launch.  I disconnected the unit, reset the defaults, re-installed the
batteries and then got the manual back onto the flash card.  I still cannot
get the book sent to the unit.  Either I hear the transfer make the sound
like the unit isn't connected or I hear a message that digital talking book
files cannot be cued.  How do I get the sample book to be sent since the
file appears to be cued even though it can't be cued?  Help!  Please!

Michael Massey