[bookport] Re: The Strange case of Dr. Bookport and Mr.Slows

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:26:48 -0400

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule about exactly how many files =
may appear in a folder.  It depends on many factors including your card's =
cluster size, file name lengths, the speed of the card.

I guess the only real rule is that when you start noticing sluggishness, =
don't add any more files to that folder.

One thing you can do to help improve the situation is to use the Book =
Port's format command to prepare your card.

>>> hartness@xxxxxxxx Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:57:27 PM >>>
Scott,

You might experiment a little.  I've had great success with 30 or so MP3s =
in
a single folder.  I have had up to 50 with no trouble.  I did have trouble
when I first was loading 125 or more in a single folder.

Rock on.

Rich
----- Original Message -----=20