[bookport] Re: The Strange case of Dr. Bookport and Mr. Slows

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:01:32 -0400

Rich:

You need to get a second opinion about those files from another MP3 =
player. It doesn't have to be a hardware player.

Assuming they play properly on other players, I have these questions:

1. Do the files play incorrectly on all of your Book Ports?

2. What are the specifications of the files, I.E. bit rate, sample rate, =
mono/stereo, etc.

Rob Meredith

>>> ring2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/12/04 12:01PM >>>
Message
Greetings:
My place of employment is attempting to try a pilot project with several
Bookports.  We are considering lending them to a hand-picked group of
patrons.
 We will pre-load them with several different types of supported files.
It's just an experiment, and we've run into an interesting problem.
First, the card that came with the device could not be seen.  We
formatted the card about three times, and it finally became visible.
However, here is the unusual part.  We transferred several MP3 music
files, and they play very slowly.  I guess I must be lonely, because I'm
about to date
myself.   It sounds like a 33 and one third album being played on 16 and
two thirds.  Has anyone ever seen this, and is there a cure?
Thanks.