[bookport] The Braille keyboard

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:16:29 -0500

 From the manual:

To use the braille keyboard, turn Book Port 90 degrees from its normal
operating position, so the compact flash card faces toward your body.

The braille input keyboard looks like this:
3
2
1
4
5
6
Esc
Left
Up
Down
Right
Enter
7
BackSpace
Space
Space
8

So I've turned BP 90 degrees.  I start, then with what used to be the 'D'
key (on the d-e-f row) and it becomes dot 3, with f becoming dot 1?

3=d
2=e
1=f
4=a
5=b
6=c

I know this is a wonderful and clever idea, but I befuddle
easily.  following this list, the dot 8 key is 3?
Space is either 1 or 6?

Or am I reversing something?  sorry to be so upside-down.

ann