[bookport] Re: The Book Port from a SightedPerson'sPerspective

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:06:16 -0500 (CDT)

You are correct, the BP cannot. It's the transfer software that accomplishes this. I suspect that's also the chief reason the BP does not have fast forward capability.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, James Nuttall wrote:

Hello Chris:

It is my understanding that the Book Port cannot change the speed of MP3 files.
 If it can please let me know how.

Jim Nuttall -- Michigan

hris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'll bet it can't change the speed of an mp3. Listening at normal
speed would be grueling.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:08:05 -0500, you wrote:

Seriously, the software is indeed accessible and getting more so all the time.

At 11:03 AM 7/11/2005, you wrote:
No, and I didn't know that the Shuffle came with accessible software
that made transferring files a snap.
Live and learn, I guess! (smile)

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of LARRY SKUTCHAN Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 6:43 AM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: The Book Port from a SightedPerson'sPerspective

I didn't realize the shuffle had text-to-speech and worked with digital talking books, does note taking with a braille keyboard, records memos, or supports the interchange of memory cards.

coconut@xxxxxxx Thursday, July 07, 2005 9:04:56 PM >>>
Everyone who sees my BP thinks it is a television remote from about
1980. When they hear what it does, they mumble something about a
Shuffle
doing more in 1/10th the space. Beings as I use the BP only for audio

because I cannot abide the Doubletalk synth, I agree, but it was a
gift, so
I use it happily.

Dan

Sandy Licht Phone: 409-898-8218 Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A 11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the LORD...