[bookport] Re: TTS question

  • From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:33:14 -1000

Hi Alex,

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, all you need to do is send the file to your Book Port using the transfer software. It will be translated into text automatically, and you can listen to it with the DoubleTalk synthesizer built into the Book Port. If you don't want to hear that voice, there is a way using the Book Port transfer software to have the file read with whatever speech engine on your computer you like. If you do that, however, it will be an audio file, not a text file, so you won't be able to verify the spelling of a word and such. It will also take up considerably more room in your Book Port. I've never done it, but there are instructions in the manual. I believe you do it by setting an option in Book Port Transfer; open the program, type Control-O, and have a look at the dialog box. You don't need a back-translator or any additional software; the Book Port transfer software does it all.

Cheers,
Anna