[bookport] Re: Suggestion for enhancement

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:36:16 -0400

The manual gets copied to your device when you plug in the Book Port if

A. There is no manual on your card

or

B the manual on your card is older that the manual on your PC.

>>> r-carter@xxxxxxx Saturday, September 18, 2004 11:23:46 AM >>>
Hi,

Does the manual only get copied when you update the firmware? I assumed=20
that the Book Port checked each time it was connected and if the manual =
was=20
not on the card that it copied it.

I have never found a key learn mode on other devices to be that helpful.=20=

Usually I have to go to the manual because the key learn mode doesn't=20
happen to include the bit of information that I am seeking. I do not=20
believe that a key learn mode would be a good use of firmware real estate.

Robert Carter