[bookport] Suggestion, Questions, and Comments

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:35:55 -0400

Suggestion:
Currently, the # and * keys (if held down for one beep) will  move to the
beginning or end of the list of files in a particular directory.  If there are
many folders in the directory, the user must scroll through these folders by
hand.  I think it would be nice if the # and * keys (held down for one beep)
would move to the beginning or end of the combined list of files and folders
which are in a particular folder.  For example, I usually keep only one file in
my root directory (the Bookport user's manual) and a number of directories.  I
would like a method of quickly moving to the beginning or end of the
directories in this case.

Question:
I  thought that the latest software version of the Bookport Transfer program
was supposed to support PDF files.  I couldn't get a PDF file to transfer.
Perhaps this was for a future release and I mis-understood?

Comments:
1.  I haven't updated to the latest occasionally.  I also had the unit lock up
once in this case and had to remove the batteries to get going again.
2.  I am really looking forward to the latest beta which allows audio files to
be played at variable rates.  This will really make it a lot nicer to read DTB
books.  Perhaps I'll download the beta tonight if I get a chance.  Great job
folks!

3.  Does the time elapsed status work properly yet?

-- Pete