[bookport] Re: Sporadic Jumping Backward While Reading With Speech

  • From: "Jeremiah Z. Rogers" <jzr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:24:23 -0500

I'll answer all three posts on this subject in this one. In response to
Sarah, it happens when just reading along, so I've done nothing toward
navigation at all. In this particular book, I could sometimes read for ten
or fifteen minutes before it'd jump back, but it'd inevitably do just
that. In response to James, I haven't been able to correlate this behavior
with querying the machine for my location in the file. I very rarely query
for my position. And, finally, in response to Lou, this behavior is
present in books and magazines from Web Braille. Unlike a repeated scan
which does occasionally happen with books from BookShare, these jumps
aren't a whole page backward, just a couple hundred words.
Jeremiah