[bookport] Re: Sending Text Files as Audio

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 23:59:21 -0500

Better yet, what if there were a way to save the audio book onto the memory
card using a flash card reader in the computer and be able to then put the
memory card into the Book Port.  Of course, I realize that a considerable
amount of the time you are talking about is transfer time, but I also know from
converting text to audio using Kurzweil1000 that that process takes a long time
even when you aren't counting in the transfer time.  That's all the more reason
for considering letting the user have the choice of saving it to the memory
card while it is in a flash card reader instead of in the Book Port because
that save would go much more quickly.
  Just put a save to memory card or save to disk routine in the transfer
software that would let you save the converted book somewhere other than
through the USB cable.