[bookport] Sending Text Files as Audio

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 00:39:06 -0400

I using the Bookport feature to send a book in text format to the Bookport
as an audio file so that the Bookport can read the book in a high-quality
SAPI5 voice.

This is taking a long, long time (as might be expected).  Not only does this
tie up the Bookport for quite some time, but I know that the Bookport
batteries drain when it is connected to the USB port.

Is there a way of using the Bookport queuing system to pre-process the
text-formatted book into an audio format before connecting the Bookport?  In
this way I would only have to tie up my comuter for the transfer time and
not the entire processing time to transform the book from text to audio.

Thanks.

-- Pete (still waiting after 1 hour on a 2.6 GHz machine!)