[bookport] Re: Realistic Wish List

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:11:05 +1200

Hi Jim and list:

I can't help but be amused by how things can change over time. If I were in the market for a device like the bookport 20 years or so ago, I would have thought including a FM radio in such a device would not only have been desirable but essential. My rejection of the notion now is not a matter of being unwilling to accept that bookport be changed in any way. It is a case of their being little or nothing now on FM radio worth listening to. Even at only $10 a pop, the cost is not justified in what it offers. The fact that I depend on the internet for what nominally qualifies as radio doesn't stem from any lack of stations, far from it. Does anyone know where I could get a portable unit that would interface with my wireless network that would be as accessible as navigating files on a bookport?

Cheers,
Dave