[bookport] Re: RFBD and bookport questions

One thing which JFW provides which will be beneficial to anyone who wishes to
share error messages is to go to the offending window, press insert shift w,
JFW says "virtualizing current window," and then, hit
control a, to highlight all the text, control C, to copy to clipboard, and
then, go to an open message to whomever wishes the report. I have used this
method to help the programmers of Kurzweil track down a nasty
bug which had been causing an error for the book wizzard reader, so they could
see the syntax problems and fix it. Now, K1K creates perfect *.opf (DAISY)
files for the BookPort to handle, which are read by Book
Wizzard reader just fine and translated so that  the transfer software handles
them fine.

Curtis Delzer
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:54:44 -0600, Lw wrote:

Hi Lary,
I will get the error message next time my BP is connected. What I found
intresting is that when the BP is not connected and I open the transfer
software, I am presented with a list of html and mp3 files from the CD. When
the BP was connected I saw no such list, and was just given the boxes to
slect which parts of the book to copy but with no files per se. Is this
normal?

Hugs/thanks,
Beth