[bookport] Re: RFB&D

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:27:48 -0400

Richard:

When the Book Port was first designed, the developers here at APH were led =
to believe that there wouldn't be a problem with sending RFB&D books to =
Book Port. It took several months to get this resolved. You will need to =
purchase a key from RFB&D, which will allow you to send those books to the =
Book Port. Be sure to ask for a key for Book Wizard, or they won't know =
what you're talking about. Larry, perhaps we need to include this in the =
manual.=20

Pamela

>>> ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/20/04 04:02PM >>>

I am curious about something.  Please note, this is not a criticism, it
is simply something I'm wondering about.  I read in the Bookport manual
that the Bookport can in fact play digital talking books from RFB&D.
However, no mention is made of the process by which one can activate the
Bookport so that it can play such books.  I realize that the process is
not in fact referred to as activation, but what exactly does one have to
do? Inquiring minds want to know.