[bookport] Re: RABID Key for the Book Port

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:18:41 -0500 (CDT)

I'm not worried about anything. This has no effect on me, since I don't have access to NLS.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Sandy Licht wrote:

We can speculate ad Nauseam, but wouldn't it be better to just wait and see what they do? Worrying about something before it actually happens is a waste of precious time, and it will make your hair turn gray, too!

At 03:42 PM 7/16/2005, you wrote:
The way I see it, NLS has two goals in mind: They want to wait for the price of flash memory to plummet, so they can justify their staying away from CD while the rest of the world switched to CD. They also want to come up with a DRM protocol strong enough that only NLS-approved equipment or programs can play their books. They are extremely concerned about copyright laws and potential violation. The BP may support NLS books, but I would put it as a low probability.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

Sandy Licht