[bookport] Question from a returning vacationer

Hello Aph and all,
                 I have just returned from a  vacation and have a flood of
bp messages to get through. I am assisting with a bp demo for our computer
group tomorrow and need a speedy answer.
Is direct search string input currently supported, and, if so, how?
  If you can point me to a place in the manual or a message on this topic,
I would greatly appreciate it, as I have limited time to prepare and want
to ensure that all of the features of the bp are demonstrated to their
fullest capacity.
Private replies welcome if this has been beaten to death during my absence.
Thanks.