[bookport] Re: Problems with new flash cards

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:29:52 -0500

Sharon:

Not all cards have the switches, so if you're not aware of it, then
your card probably doesn't have one.  Usually, they control whether the
card functions as a 2 gig card or a 4 gig card.  For best performance,
it is our recommendation that you should always format any card in the
Book Port, before using it for the first time--especially with the
latest firmware and software (Version 2.3, as it is more stable with the
larger compact flash cards).

Thanks, Sharon.  This job brings many challenges, but often, great
rewards--especially when we can help others with success.  .  Have a
great day!

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> scfinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/16/06 03:24PM >>>
Dear Pamela,
I am planning to buy a 4 gig card. I have never heard of needing to set
switch. Should I reformat before using the card and, if so, will that
automatically take care of any switch that may need set?
Over the years, I have found much of your advice quite useful. Allow me
take this opportunity to thank you.

Make it a great one

Sharon