[bookport] Problems while recording

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:02:14 -0400

I got my bookport yesterday and have been going over the manual and found the recording feature in my unit at least, has serious problems. Firmware 02.01.00.01. When I record, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes to the point of a 2+b reset or removing battery. Occasionally I get an error about incompatible wav type. One time got an error about fs panic, buffer clean. The first time this happened it corrupted my file system i.e. many goofy file names appeared in the memo folder. I reformatted the flash and no improvement. I had no problems installing and using the transfer software and reading text files works as expected. Do I have a defective unit or does the software have problems? As it is now, the recording feature is worse than useless!