[bookport] Re: Preferring Synthetic Speech to Human Narration

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:29:06 -0400

I'm also in this camp, for the most part. The exceptions are really, really
good audiobooks with great narrators--all too hard
to find, it seems. Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" books are incredible
to listen to, for example. And I would never
read those with synthetic speech. But they are unabridged novels with full-cast
narrations that are done very well.

But for many things, including most novels, I would definitely prefer the
synthetic speech.

Angie