[bookport] Re: Preferring Synthetic Speech to Human Narration

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:07:13 -0400

I am quite surprised about the number of people that prefer the
synthetic speech.  I have long been in this camp, but I thought I was
the rare exception.  It is good to learn that I am not all alone with
this prefereence, and this is good information to know as we continue
product development on this and other tech products.

>>> ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:52:33 PM >>>
Sarah said in an earlier message that she is part of a tiny minority
who
prefers synthetic speech to human narration.

While that club is no doubt small and exclusive, I hope and trust
there's
room for me.  Even though I'm doing these NLS conversions, I prefer a
plain-text book like a Web braille title over the human narration any
day.
The choice of the DoubleTalk chip was an excellent choice as far as
I'm
concerned.

I suspect, Sarah, that there are more of us out there than we might
realize--more who enjoy synthetic speech over human narration, that is.
 I'm
solidly in that group.

Nolan