[bookport] Playing unfiltered files not supported

I bought a new 4 gig CF card and formatted it as Fat 32,
after which I copied a number of mp3 files on to the card
without using the bookport file transfer utility.  I thought
that because these were mp3 files, it would not matter that
I did not use the transfer utility.

At any rate, when I attempted to play these in the bookport,
I got the message "playing unfiltered files not supported."
That may not be verbatim, but it is close.  So, what is the
solution to the problem?  Other CF cards work fine in the
Bookport, and I can play the files on the new card using
other devices.  Thanks for suggestions.

Don Roberts