[bookport] Re: Off topic program to read brf files on the computer

  • From: "Tim Snyder" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:05:53 -0500

Hi Group,

I am looking for a simple way to read brf files on the computer using a screen reader with a voice synthesizer. I know that openbook and possibly Duxbury can enable one to read brf files with voice, but I am looking for a program that costs $30 or less. I am not interested in producing a back-translated file into a txt file, I just want the computer to speak English when I open a brf file rather than speaking the ascii code. I do not think the NFB translation program will do that. Does anyone have an answer for me? Thanks in advance.
Tim