[bookport] OT: Allowing Active Content to Run on My Computer

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:06:53 -0400

Hello fellow listers:

Kindly excuse the off topic post, but I believe this matter may have been
addressed here on this list in connection with book port spider.

I believe some time back someone posted the key stroke commands
for allowing active content to run on a particular website one time, but I
can neither remember the key strokes nor find the message.

Let me explain. I'm running an iVocalize server behind a firewall, and I
have my internet options set to *not allow active content to run on my
computer. That's just fine most of the time, but when I enter on the
iVocalize server icon on my desktop to administer my server, I have to do
some serious cursor routing to allow content for that singular instance.
Okay, the alternative is, before undertaking any server administration task,
to open up internet explorer, go to tools, options, advanced, arrow down to
security, and then turn the "allow content to run..." on; then turning it
back off after I've done whatever I've needed to do. However, it would sure
be more eligant to do the key strokes, which I believe involved the
applications key, and some alt letter combinations.

Again, I can't remember whether I learned the key strokes from a vicug-l
post or a book port post, but I've tried vicug-l without getting a response.

Help much appreciated.

John