[bookport] Re: New Firmware Release

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:04:49 -0400

Is it possible you have a drive letter conflict?

>>> dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, September 17, 2004 11:02:09 AM >>>
You're right - the software is not recognising the bookport as being =
connected.
The computer recognises it though - when I plug bookport i, it=20
automatically starts up the software and opens a windows explorer window =
as=20
an external removable drive.

What has gone wrong?

Dale.

At 09:37 PM 17/09/2004, you wrote:

>Dale:
>
>Is the software recognizing your Book Port?  That is supposed to be the =
=3D
>only circumstance where the Check for Firmware Updates button is greyed.

>Very pleased to say it worked that way - downloaded the software and =3D
>1.6.0=3D20
>installed perfectly so thanks.
>However under options then advanced there is no option to check for=3D20
>firmware updates.
>
>Where can I download the latest firmware?
>
>I do have the bookport plugged in also.
>
>Dale.
>
>At 08:10 PM 17/09/2004, you wrote:
>
> >You can go to our web site at
> >
> >aph.org/tech
> >
> >Then select Book Port to download the software, but I bet you will get =
=3D
>the =3D3D
> >same thing.  BTW, you do not need to uninstall.

> >It is the Bookport transfer software 1.6.0 that gives the error =
message.
> >Where do I download the software from and I can perhaps uninstall =
my=3D3D20
> >current beta software and then install the full new package.
> >
> >Dale.
> >
> >At 02:41 AM 17/09/2004, you wrote:
> >
> > >Dale:  When the error message said "This program requires..." was =
there =3D
>a =3D3D
> >=3D3D3D
> > >title that said which program the error message refered to?

> > >Hi,
> > >I just tried to install the new transfer software using the auto =
=3D3D
> >update=3D3D3D20
> > >feature.  It downloaded it fine and then at start of install program =
=3D
>=3D3D3D
> > >when=3D3D3D20
> > >push the install button I get following error message:
> > >
> > >I am using Windows XP Professional with service pack 2 installed:
> > >
> > >Error
> > >This program requires Windows version 4.9.3000 or later.
> > >OK
> > >

> > >Any idea how to fix.
> > >
> > >Dale.

>ed=3D3D
> >/C=3D3D3D
> > >h=3D3D3D3D

>file, =3D3D
> >=3D3D3D
> > >=3D3D3D3D

> >listening =3D3D3D
> > >=3D3D3D3D

> >require =3D3D3D
> > >=3D3D3D3D

>be =3D3D
> >=3D3D3D
> > >the =3D3D3D3D

To =3D
> [...]
> > >key =3D3D3D3D
>behavior =3D3D
> >=3D3D3D
> > >of =3D3D3D3D
>=3D3D
> >=3D3D3D3D
> > >

> > >F.ree Software Forever
> > >
> > >If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
=3D
>=3D3D3D
> > >check=3D3D3D20
> > >out the link below
> > >
> > >Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =
=3D3D
> >join=3D3D3D20
> > >this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D3D=
3D20=3D

> > >incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
> > >
> > >http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D20=20
> > >
> > >Dale Reardon
> > >PO Box 4033
> > >Wembley
> > >Western Australia 6014
> > >Australia
> > >Phone: +61418138849
> > >Fax: +61893888671
> > >Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D3D3D20=3D3D20=3D20=20
> > >

> > >. =3D3D3D20
> >

> >F.ree Software Forever
> >
> >If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
=3D3D
> >check=3D3D20
> >out the link below
> >
> >Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =3D
>join=3D3D20
> >this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D3D20=

> >incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
> >
> >http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D3D20=3D20=20
> >
> >Dale Reardon
> >PO Box 4033
> >Wembley
> >Western Australia 6014
> >Australia
> >Phone: +61418138849
> >Fax: +61893888671
> >Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D3D20=3D20=20
> >

> >. =3D3D20
>

>F.ree Software Forever
>
>If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =3D
>check=3D20
>out the link below
>
>Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can =
join=3D20
>this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=3D20
>incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:
>
>http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=3D20=20
>
>Dale Reardon
>PO Box 4033
>Wembley
>Western Australia 6014
>Australia
>Phone: +61418138849
>Fax: +61893888671
>Email: signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20=20
>

>. =3D20

F.ree Software Forever

If you would like some f.ree software just for reading my signature =
check=20
out the link below

Better still, if you want more f.ree software all the time you can join=20
this pri.vate membership site for a one time payment - it offe.rs=20
incredible value and I am a m.ember myself:

http://www.dalereardon.com/software/=20

Dale Reardon
PO Box 4033
Wembley