[bookport] Re: Never saw this before

It happened to me on Friday, too, under more or less the same conditions Walt described.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, ROB MEREDITH wrote:

Walt:

This is a known problem in Beta 2.1.0.5. I assume you are using this
version. We are looking into this problem.

Rob Meredith

WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/12/05 09:03AM >>>
Last night, I'd been reading an Audible book. I briefly switched to a
text file, then back to the Audible book. When I pressed the 2 key to
resume reading, the BP announced that the default settings had been
made, then said something that I couldn't understand because of the
combination of the high voice pitch and my own hearing loss, but I did
manage to hear something about "CF card" and "press the zero key to
reset." Every key press produced the same message and when I pressed
zero, everything came back. Of course, I had to re-establish all of my
preferred settings and reset the clock. I was placed in the Audible
file
that I'd been listening to when this first happened and at the correct
spot in the book, so that, at least, hadn't been fouled up. My
batteries
(the 15-minute rechargeable Ray-O-Vacs that I've used without any
problems for several months) are at 60% charge, so it wasn't a low
battery condition.

My question is what would have caused this in the first place? The
fact
that I've recovered without any apparent damage to the card or its
file
structure is fine, but my technical curiosity has been aroused and I'm
simply curious to know what brought this on.

-- Walt Smith