[bookport] Re: NLS Beta Program

  • From: "Bill" <052338@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:12:02 -0600

Thanks for your comments. I'm new to digital book downloading so please forgive my ignorance. I do understand about NLS and copyright protection. How is it, then, that I can download copyright protected digital books from my local library and play them on my computer or convert them to mp3 files and play them on my bookport for up to 21 days after which they can no longer be played unless you check them out again. Couldn't NLS do the same thing?

BILL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Barrett" <donter@xxxxxxxxxxx>