[bookport] Re: MP3 transfers

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Keith:
When you rip a CD and create mp3s each song is a file. So yes when you transfer
it to the BP each song will be a file. I don't see a work around here. Changing
your ripper wont help. Each son on you CD is a separate file. The only
exception to that would be long classical pieces of music like synphonic works.
Jim Nuttall

"Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D." <kramk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I transfer audio CD's as MP3 files (using Real Player as this is what my
wife uses and a large number of CDs are already loaded in that program) I can
only seem to get each track listed as a separate file. Consequently, I can only
listen to one track at a time.

I'm assuming it's possible to transfer a CD to Bookport as a single file, so as
to be able to play an entire CD with one "2" press.

Is my assumption correct?

Do I need to switch to another program, such as EzCdDA, and rip our CDs again?

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Keith