[bookport] Re: Lithium batteries

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:44:43 -0400

With the lithium batteries, I have noticed that sometimes, I can find out that
they are about to go by checking the battery
percentage in the middle of an mp3 file. It will have gone down somewhat from
its usual 100%. Then, however, if you
stop the machine and start it later, you'll be at 100% again--at least,
temporarily. But checking in the middle of the mp3
can give you some indication of what is going on.

I just bought some lithium batteries so I wouldn't have to worry about changing
them at all during convention. But over
all, I prefer the NIMH batteries, which, as someone pointed out, are a nice
compromise between longevity and
environmental friendliness.

Angie