[bookport] Re: Lithium batteries

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:44:15 +0200

Hi Sandy,
--
They do die very quickly. A hundred hours, eh... What were you listening to?

I listen mainly to audio files - music, podcasts, things like that.

Peter

Sandy Licht wrote:

They do die very quickly. A hundred hours, eh... What were you listening to? We had a discussion on another list about the longevity of the Lithium batteries. People didn't believe those of us who use them when we told them we get at least 60 hours listening to audio files on the BP.

At 08:19 AM 7/1/2005, you wrote:

Just wanted to report on my exerience to date using Energizer lithium batteries in the Book Port:
They seem to last forever (100 hours?), and then die REALLY abruptly. Unlike alkalines, NiMH or even NiCads, lithium batteries don't seem to give users any advance warning that the batteries are nearing the end of their useful life.
I was listening to an MP3 this morning, and the battery status said "100%". In the middle of the song, the song was interrupted by the Book Port warning me to replace the batteries.
My best all-round experience has been with Sanyo 2500 mAh NiMH batteries, since there's a nice combination of longevity and environmental friendliness, but you can't beat lithium for sheer longevity.
Peter

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A