[bookport] Re: Labeling Chargers

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:08:23 -0600 (CST)

Are you back on a thread we had about a month and a half ago? As was stated then, generally speaking, sighted people don't have labels for their various chargers unless gthey choose to add them themselves. I see no reason why we should be spoonfed in that regard.

And the list of products for the blind with no accessible documentation is long and sad, partly because most of these items weren't designed for the blind in the first place. Such is the case with watches for the most part, which were meant more as novelties than anything. Of course there are exceptions.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Simon Jaeger wrote:

A few years ago I bought a talking watch from CNIB [canadian national institute for the blind]. You would thuink that it would at least come with a braille guide, right? Wrong. It did not come with anything resembling a braille guide, a guide on cd, or anything else that could be read by me. I ask you, what kind of company does not include some kind of guide in braille with a product for the blind?

I did not have a scanner back then, so I ended up having to wait three weeks to ask someone sighted to read it for me. It was very inconvenient, and if the CNIB had only made a small card explaining how to set the time, it would have saved me the trouble. If the same thing happened to the book port, it could actually get damaged, unless it had a unique plug.