[bookport] Re: Labeling Chargers

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:43:24 -0500

I believe it will charge through the USB Port.  Yes, it would be nice if
all chargers were , labled, but whenever it's been brought up at
meetings, we were told that we don't have the manpower to do such a
thing. And, even if we did, you know then we'd get thousands of
complaints telling us they don't like the way in which the labels were
done.  I got 2 items for Christmas that required labeling and I promptly
got out the dymo tape and went to work. Nothing wrong with the
suggestion, I totally understand where you're coming from, I doubt it's
going to happen, though.  There will also be an on/off switch and lock
switch.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx 01/18/07 03:17PM >>>
Hi Richard and list:

I definitely agree. If it has to be large, seperate the box from the
plug,
which will hopefully work over the full range of voltages when properly

adapted worldwide. Of course, USB charging would help if the battery
packs
could be charged external to the unit via USB. I already do that with a

Bluetooth adapter that I use.

Cheers,
Dave