[bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:24:02 -0500

True enough, when I am reading a tremendous book, I would rather read than eat, (I'm glad I can do both at the same time.) but when it is a choice between eating or reading, that is when you can't afford Bookshare. This is only a temporary circumstance, but at the moment, it is still true. Don't feel sorry for me. I have 7 memory cards filled with books... Over a thousand, I would guess.

At 01:15 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:

I know this isn't strictly BookPort related, but Bookshare is, by far, the largest, most affordable, and diverse legal source of electronic books that is available to Americans. I'm sure a lot of people on here are on very limited incomes, but $50 a year for access to thousands of books is an awesome deal. I don't mean to be rude or impertinent, but I'm trying to figure out why someone absolutely couldn't afford Bookshare. I read several Bookshare books per week on my BookPort, and wouldn't trade that service for the world. If I've completely misunderstood anyone's point, I humbly apologize.