[bookport] Re: How do you use you Book Port?

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:26:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Mike:

I'm very interested in your use of the RFB&D books.  What form and you get them
in and out he transfer them to the Book Port?

Jim Nuttall

Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I cannot give you hard answers to these questions as "it all depends".
Generally, I only use the BP for reading etext books when away from home;
I rather read etexts at home on my pc using K1000, a wireless keyboards,
and a fm transmitter setup.
On the other hand, I read all of my RFB&D audio books after they are
transferred to the BP.
I find it easier to navigate books from RFB&D via the BP.
While I seldom listen to MP3 music on the BP, I regularly listen to spoken
word mp3's such as recorded radio programs, downloaded sermons, and the
like.
Why, you may ask?? Because the Bp
allows for quickly navigating the files and, thanks to the transfer
software, permits compression.