[bookport] Re: Disappointment

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:58:27 -0400

I am a happy camper now.  My BP arrived yesterday in the mail.  Needless to
say I have been playing with it since.  What an awesome device, and it just
keeps getting better and better.  The only thing I really really miss is not
having a built-in speaker.  I know this has been discussed at length on the
list, but now that I actually have a unit, my desire for a built-in speaker
is quite strong.  I have plenty of portable external speakers I can use but
I would love to simply pick up the BookPort and just use it without having
to connect either a set of headphones or speakers to it.

There used to be a little speaker you could get at Radio Shack that had a
3.5mm plug built right into the body of the speaker.  No wires, you simply
plugged this little thing directly into a mini jack and it worked.  Does
anyone know if this is still available?  The speaker was no bigger than
perhaps 3 inches wide and long, and maybe 1 inch thick.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro
--rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx