[bookport] Daisy format to BP from K-1000

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:31:12 -0700

Pamela, or others,

I am having a challenge, for which the great collective knowledge base on
the group may have a quick tip.

I am a new user to the K-1000 program.  The wish to transfer the manual to
my Book Port.  It is in .kes format.  It already has bookmarks to navigate.
I'm told I can just send it to the book port in daisy format.  I have done
this a couple times now, but each time it is the same result.

I have tried it 2 ways.  First, saving the file in Daisy file, making it to
have an .opf extension.  And then use the Book Port Transfer to send it to a
folder on the Book port.  The result doing this is that book port transfer
pops up a dialog that says "unable to open navigation points"   and an Okay
button.  The file does not transfer.  My Book Port Transfer software is the
latest version.

The other way I tried is to send the file within K-1000, using the Send To
feature.  This gets the file onto the book port, and you can even designate
the format and the folder where you want to place it.  Thing is, though, the
navigation is not all there, only the page by page level, and you can only
use the 7 and 9 keys on the Book Port.  And the filename is a  .KES format
even though I did say Daisy within the send to dialog boxes.

Okay. That is my description.  Sorry to be so long winded.  Any ideas?
I can and have been reading it on my bookport and creating my own book
marks, but I just thought I'd like to try and have the daisy file to read.

Thanks.
Rik