[bookport] Re: Converting Overdrive books to MP3.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:22:47 -0500

If you want to stand on your head and do the Rube Goldberg thing, and if you want to waste CD's, which I don't, you can do it. I just bought Sound Taxi, and I am using that to convert my files. My computer is doing fine, by the way. No crashes. Believe me. If a computer was going to crash, mine would have done it.

Sorry, Robert. I definitely did not mean to imply you were stupid. A friend already suggested I transfer the files to CD and then convert them to MP3 using Sound Forge. And... I'm probably missing something. Maybe you don't have to transfer them to CD? I'm slow sometimes.

At 01:37 PM 5/30/2007, Robert Clark wrote:
Lana,
Sorry, ok, well everyone says it cannot be done. It can be done. Since I already ripped an Overdrive book to cd (.cda format), I loaded WMP 11 and ripped it from the cd to mp3. It works.

Then I transfered that mp3 file to my BP. It works. Sandy says it isnt possible. What am I doing wrong then? ;)

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
Robert & Dreamer Doll (Guide Dawggie)
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.