[bookport] Re: CF card problem

Grant:

The higher speed cards tend not to work as well.  Also, there will be
some sluggishness if you have a lot of files in one directory, so you
might try making them smaller and see if that helps.  Also, remember not
to clutter the root folder of the Book Port.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> grant_hardy@xxxxxxxxx 01/14/07 10:22PM >>>
Hi All,

I've noticed that with my new 4 GB compact flash card, navigation
between files on the Book Port is often sluggish.  Navigation within a
file works just fine, but switching between files takes 1 or two
seconds.  Also, although I have a USB 2.0 CF card reader, it is only
copying files to the card with speeds equivalent to USB 1.1.
Admittedly, this is an older card reader from a few years back.  Anyone
have any ideas what the problem could be?

Grant