[bookport] Bookport dies

  • From: "Larry Stevens" <larry480@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:33:41 -0400

My BookPort dies after about 2 hours or less of use. Nothing works -- the
buttons do not do anything and when I plug it into the computer, the
BookPort Transfer software doesn't recognize it as being connected.

In the past when this happened, I  could solve the problem by removing the
batteries for a minute or two. But now, the batteries have to remain out of
the machine for about 12 hours. After that, I reinsert the batteries and the
machine returns to life for an hour or so.

I had sent the unit to the APH but since I sent it without the batteries
inserted, the machine worked fine, When I got it back home, it worked for an
hour or so, and the problem started up again.

Any suggestions?