[bookport] Re: Bookport capacity

  • From: Dan Keys <dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:32:04 -0800

Hello Pamela and list,
This is exactly how I have my BP setup.
And I have a Dane 4GB card. While I might have noticed a little sluggishness, it's not bad at all. I have not had any problems with the Dane Electronics 4GB card.
Dan
On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:13 AM, PAMELA RADER wrote:

Dave:

I have seen sluggishness on cards if you have all of your folders on
the Root folder, even if there's only one file in the root. If that is the case, then you might have better success creating just one folder in
the root and putting all of your other folders off the subfolder.  So,
on the root, you could have the manual, Notes folder, and Memo folder
and a BP folder, with all of your other folders inside the BP folder.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx 01/02/07 12:20PM >>>
Hi Sandy and list:

Your suggestion is reasonable. But yes, I reformatted the 2 Gig card
before
I put anything on it.

Cheers,
Dave