[bookport] Re: Bookport and Audible files

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:24:04 -0400

Hi Paul.

The first thing you want to do is upgrade to the latest firmware.

Once we're all on the same page, you may use the following keys in
audible.com files:

1 or 3 back or next 2 seconds
4 or 6 back or next 10 seconds
7 or 9 back or next 30 seconds
4+7 or 6+9 back or next 60 seconds

If you have the Send Audio as Music button unchecked, these commands
will actually move by sentences, paragraphs, and sections.

>>> surfport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:30:13 PM >>>
    I've just received my Bookport. I previously had a Bookcourier.
With the
Bookcourier I was able to move through the Audible title by seconds, 5

minutes, ten minutes and by section. This doesn't seem to be possible
with
the Bookport. Is this the case?

I also can't seem to get the bookport to report the battery status by
pressing d+f on the braille keyboard. I stop listening to a file with
the 2
key then try to type d then f on the Braille keyboard.

Thanks

Paul