[bookport] BookPort Plus battery problem

  • From: "Donna Ross" <dross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Dtbplayers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:28:53 -0400

I am posting the inquiry below for a teacher of the visually impaired:

Has anyone experienced an issue with the battery on their Book Port Plus?
One of my students has reported today that her Book Port Plus is not
recognizing the battery.  She checked the battery status at lunch and it was
at 83%.  Everything was fine.  Then she turned it off and when she went to
turn it on an hour and a half later, it would not turn on.  She plugged it
in when she got home and it worked, but when she checked the battery status
after 3 hours of charging, it said "AC adapted, no battery installed".   The
student uses this device about 3 hours a day and she charges it every other
day.  I do not think the battery should not have worn out that quickly.  She
has only been using the device since February. She can still use the device
now, if she has it plugged in.

I wanted to try to determine if we just got a bad battery, or if this is
something else.

Thank you,

Kathy Kremplewski

Teacher of the Visually Impaired

Have a great day!

DonnaSig 001.jpgFIMC Logo (Transparent)

Donna M. Ross, Resource Teacher

Florida Instructional Materials f/t Visually Impaired

4210 W. Bay Villa Ave.

Tampa,  FL  33611

813.837.7826

www.fimcvi.org <http://www.fimcvi.org/>