[bookport] Re: BookPort 2.0

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:35:08 -0400

Hi Cathy:

No.  Sorry, there won't be any trade ins.  We are a nonproffit company,
so everything is sold at cost.  Plus, the new Book Ports won't be out
till late summer or early fall.

The only updates we'll be making to the current Book Ports are only
ones that require fixes, or changes that don't require firmware fixes,
as we are unable to make anymore fixes to that.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mrstwotrees@xxxxxxxxxx 04/15/07 09:53PM >>>
Hi, I am Cathy and am new to the list.  I just bought a book port and
it is a used one, and now I find out there might be a better unit coming
out, so need to ask these questions.  I have been reading about the new
book port that is suppose to be coming out.  Does this mean the book
ports that we now have, won't be updated anymore?  Do you know if aph
will allow us to update from the units we already have to get a discount
on the new one, something like a trade in?
Cathy and Pilot Dog Deena, and Retired guide, Copper, both golden
retrievers,
Kindness is the language which the deaf can
hear and the blind can see.  ~Mark Twain